House at Pooh Corner

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

touched by a Malaysian

i've always like Petronas ads since i was small. Never knew anything behind the scene but... still it's always touching & tears could actually drip out everytime i watched it on National Television.

preview of some Petronas ads, 2005 & 2006





although she had use this idea once, but its no harm to use it again. Remember some years ago, where a dad carry his old dad in a big basket & they went up the hill. The dad planned to leave his old dad up the hill to lessen his burden. His young saw it & learned it and practised it. Hope it will be usefull when it's his turn to do it on his dad when he become old. The dad was horrified.


Only when i joined LUCT, i came to knew who Yasmin Ahmad is. The Malaysian Queen. The director of an US advertising agency & a good film maker. Her ideas of making an ad is always my favourite. See, i love her* not even know who is she or he. haha.

Petronas ads are expensive to make but it make us, Malaysian to truely look back our lives & thank our forefathers for it.

I also came to knew more about Yasmin after i watched, Sepet. a friend once told me either you Loved the filme lots or you hate it till your roots. I believe that's true. I went aroudn asking people & either they worshiped it or they hate it lots.

For me, it's my first ever feel Malaysian movie. It makes me feel so proud to be a Malaysian. how i actually hoped i was the crew for this production or any of her films. I would learn alot from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home