House at Pooh Corner

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

it's my birthday

i would like to wish myself a happy chinese birthday....

22 chinese calander years ago, 1985年5月5日, 罗佩珊 was born.... yes, it's me (my chinese name le) * jumpling happily around with a wide grin on the face*

today, its 2006年5月5日... so i'm 22 chinese years old today (chinese calander)

why 5月5日 is so memorable? coz, it's also know as the day you all chinese people eat "bak chang"(hokkien), "yuk chung" (cantonese) ... also known now as Glutinous Rice Dumplings... where they have pork in glutenious rice, wrap with lotus leaves & boild them in hot water...

Read it up all here about the origin of "bak chang"... *a drip of hunny*

i use to eat lots of (eat)* revised* them every Chinese Birthday of mine until i come to KL. My grandmother will make a whole bunch for me... yes, that whole bunch just for me... huahahha... no more fresh bak chang to eat on such a memorable day...

i so miss it now... but she(my grandma le) promise to 'pou fan sou' when im back in PG next month... huahahhaha...

Co-incidently, my sister was also born on 05/05, but its 5th of May. The English calander le... but its still FIVE FIVE ma...

hope will i will get to finish my asgn ASAP.. it's killing me super hard... like a sharp knife went right through my heart....

*its suppose to be a happy post*...

happy chienese birthday to me once again....


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home